Old 02-12-2008, 05:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default yan tan tetherer O.T.

The message
from "Kate Morgan" contains these words:

Does anyone know how this counting rhyme goes, my husband has been nagging
me all morning and I don't have time to surf, I think that one of you will
know, hopefully :-)

I don't think it's a rhyme as such - apparantly it's understandable in
Norway. Much of the East coast was populated by Norsemen.

Yan = 1
Tan = 2
and so-on - it's just counting, and if still used will be restricted to
stock, especially sheep.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig