Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Has this ......

--
..
wrote in message
In article ,
Pete C wrote:

No pay increase, no Christmas bonus, and no overtime, however, voluntary
'extra' hours requested to be worked. I'm hit!

Do you have any evidence that the recession is the cause, rather than
merely an excuse?

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

This is my feeling and quite a few I asked at a meeting the other night.
"An excuse" to weed out/ditch/re-organise etc etc on someone else's 'back'.
I don't personally know anyone, who knows of anyone who has been affected.
Oh yes plenty in the paper!!! ""Media hype""
Holiday bookings are going well.
Yes house sales are slow, but why? Because the purchase of a house is a big
thing, a great investment, a long term investment, therefore with the media
telling us there is a recession and people believing the media :-( then they
hold back.

Mike