Old 04-12-2008, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Has this ......

shazzbat wrote:
"Pete C" wrote in message
David W EEE Roberts wrote:
'Mike' wrote:

..... ""recession"" hit you or is it all media hype?

Do you know anybody who has been hit by this ""recession""? HOW?

Mike

Can't sell our house at the moment - which I count as 'hit'.

Told by employers that due to the current economic climate there will
be no bonuses, pay rises, training, travel to any meetings which are
not directly revenue generating, long service awards etc. etc.

Yep - that feels like 'hit' to me.

Always assuming that the compulsory redundancies don't come my
way.....

That has just happened to my neighbour. He's hit.

Steve

The term "hit" is interesting. We like to feel that this is an act of
god, or some kind of external, uncontrollable event. Shame for those
left standing up when the music stopped, but it ain't a tsunami