Old 04-12-2008, 11:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H[_3_] Gordon H[_3_] is offline

Default Has this ......

In message , Martin
writes

It's hard to explain how a recession can lead to staff working excessive
overtime but are no longer paid for it nor given compensatory time. I am not
surprised that union membership is increasing.

Unfortunately the dim bulbs only see the advantage of a trades union
when redundancy is threatened, and there is little protection nowadays,
unless you work in vital services.
My union saved me in 1981, and gave me the chance of 10 years further
employment with the same company, albeit after 6 months of tough
assessment.
--
Gordon H
Remove "invalid" to reply