Old 04-12-2008, 04:18 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
JustTom JustTom is offline

Default Grape Growers

On Sun, 26 Oct 2008 10:29:56 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Wondered if anyone on the list was into grape gardening. I have quite
a few vines--- too many in fact. but like some folks collect tomato
or dahlia varieties, I do with grapes. Would really like to hear of
any unusual finds or even volunteer grapes that people come across. I
have mostly muscat type grapes but also grow a few ornamental vitis
like Coignetiae. Am also into seed trading of good types.
My climate is cool region one, like North France or Germany. We don't
get much heat, but the frost free season is pretty long.

I've been thinking about putting some vines in next spring. With so
many vines, how are your supporting them? Arbors, or wire or ???

tom