Old 04-12-2008, 09:15 PM posted to aus.gardens,aus.legal
[email protected] quick@value.com is offline

Default compelling neighbour to remove dangerous tree

On Tue, 02 Dec 2008 13:13:35 +1100, terryc
wrote:

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:41:10 +1100, quick wrote:

Because the tree is massive, dangerous and hemmed in by houses and yards,
the cost for removal is going to run into thousands. I would rather pay
lawyers than practice self help.

No one is suggesting that you remove it yourself,although I believe that
legally you are entitled to remove what normally overhangs your fence, so
long as removal does not endanger the tree/make the situation worse.

In fact somebody was suggesting just that - I pay for removal of the
tree in my neighbour's yard.

Council will only allow me to prune the non-lethal 10 cm branches,
not the lethal ones.

I think you have missed critical points in the thread.