Old 05-12-2008, 12:56 AM posted to aus.gardens,aus.legal
jones jones is offline

Default compelling neighbour to remove dangerous tree

Sorry to butt in. My question is sort of related.

I have two large trees in my front garden (we are only on a 1/8 acre block
(semi), and these trees have grown so high and so wide around the trunk that
they are pressing against the verandah decking, so would like to remove them
and replace them with something else that won't grow so tall.

I am looking around for tree workers (can be 1 or 2 only even). My question
is, are all tree loppers have to be licensed, so I know what to look for?

Thanks as always for any help.
Katherine

On Mon, 01 Dec 2008 17:41:10 +1100, quick wrote:
Because the tree is massive, dangerous and hemmed in by houses and
yards,
the cost for removal is going to run into thousands. I would rather pay
lawyers than practice self help.