Old 05-12-2008, 02:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default How to get onto urg

The message
from David W EEE Roberts contains these words:

I@ve got an Eee too, but haven't set up a newsreader on that, yet - this
is a rather heavy full tower - on wheels, but not mobile thereby!

If it is the Linux version you already have Knode there - jut well
concealed.

It is.

If you start a terminal session (cntrl+alt+t) and then type knode in the
terminal window it will start.

Safest to type 'nohup knode&' as this detaches it from the terminal session
and allows it to run independantly.

knode has the configuration settings for authentication to a third party
news server.

Ah. Ta. I will usually be using Zetnet's news server, but it's always
handy to have a backup.

I would prefer Pan, however, as I like the interface better.

Doesn't that turn the saliva red?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig