Old 11-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Brandon

Default Blood Orange and Citrus questions

I am in the phoenix(Gilbert) Arizona area, I would like to add a couple if
not three, citrus trees to my back yard.

Some months ago someone at my workplace had what they called a "blood
orange" the pulp was a tie dye of dark Orange and Red it tasted wonderful.
I thought this may be a nice species to have( otherwise a good navel will be
my choice)....The problem is, no one seems to know much about the blood
orange species. Can anyone here elaborate?

I am also curious as to the availability of a lemon/lime tree...I.E, is
there such a thing as a plant that will produce BOTH? Seems to me I heard
that branches from one can be grafted to the other so as to have one tree
producing both fruits.

I am also interested in grapefruit tree, most likely a Ruby Red, any other
suggestions?
Any sites that might be specific to the species most popular in this area(
what zone is this anyway?)
Thanks
Brandon