Old 06-12-2008, 02:34 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Brrrrr

On Dec 5, 4:25 pm, "Dan L." wrote:
In article
,

mleblanca wrote:
Well it was COLD this am. It has been in the 60-70 range
the last few days, but last night was 33 F the coldest so far
Add to that the fact that it was foggy and damp and it was
definitely Cold. I guess that took care of the last tomato plant.
( We had the last toms for Thanksgiving)
I have in the garden Lettuces, spinach, broccoli and onions.
Only a tiny trace of rain, alas..................It did get up to 60
this pm for about 2 minutes!
Emilie
Nor Cal

Hmmmm...

Well it was COLD this am. It has been in the 20-29 range
the last few days, but last night was 17 F the coldest so far
Add to that the fact that it was snowy and damp and it was
definitely Cold. Last month took care of the last tomato plant.
( We got the last turkey in the store for Thanksgiving)
Looking to next spring to grow Lettuces, spinach, broccoli and onions.
Only a tiny trace of snow, alas..................It did get up to 29
this pm for about 2 minutes!

Enjoy Life ... Dan
South East Michigan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.

Well, shucks, Dan, wait until July when it gets to 115F, betcha can't
beat
that.
We lived in North East Ohio for 20 years, so I do know what Cold is.
Sometimes I wonder how I ever made it thru that January when it never
got above zero degrees. My husband could have transfered to that SE
Michigan
place, and I told him to come see me on weekends, I wasn't goin'
there!!

So anyway I went out check the last tomato plant and it was just as
green
as ever, thanks to the fog/cloud cover. And I found 2 ripe tomatoes,
about
the size of an egg (hen not ostrich) and we each had one for lunch.
YUMMY
I do enjoy life and hope you do also..
Emilie