Old 06-12-2008, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Has this ......

The message
from Anne Welsh Jackson contains these words:
Rusty_Hinge wrote:
The message
from Anne Welsh Jackson contains these words:
Judith in France wrote:

LOL I can speak in Gaelic also Martin!!! All Grannies are
eejits where
their grandchildren are concerned. My daughter says I have had a
brain transplant as she cannot remember me being so indulgent with
her.

I absolutely refute that statement.

And I for one, believe you.

Why wouldn't you? You've "known" me long enough...

Whilst I would never deny my grandchildren _anything_
they really _needed_ we always try to determine first the
difference between "needing" and "wanting", then we
discuss what they are going to do to actually _earn_ it.

Good policy.

I feel children appreciate better anything they have actually
worked for... Hence I've had, over the years, a constant
stream of willing helpers in the garden and the greenhouse...

Hmmm.
thinks
Now that fishing book I have for Willum's Chrimblepressie:
I need someone light who can use a nammer and nails on a corrugated
uvPVC dhed roof...
/thinks

/sninks behind armour-plated gazebo/

"Gazebo"? Wouldn't have thought you'd have much use
for one of _them_!

Rotates on a base innit. Follows the sun to keep the plants within
nicely warmed and lit, or in time of emergency, turns right round to
reveal a howitzer and twin MMGs

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig