Old 06-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Janet Conroy Janet Conroy is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigKev View Post
I live in the UK and it's not too cold. We have some frosty mornings.

I never managed to get my last mow in this year because of the constant rain late summer and me going on holiday.

My lawn looks really tatty.

Can I mow it this time of year or will I kill it?

Also, If I can mow it, would now be a good time to put some seed down?
It's a bad idea to mow when your lawn is wet. I'd leave it until a dry spell in Spring if I were you. Grass seed at this time of year is a definite no-no; it is far too cold for it to germinate. Early April is your best chance.