Old 07-12-2008, 02:44 AM posted to aus.gardens

Default Silver beat gone to seed

"Keith Rhodes" wrote in message
I've got a heap of silver beat, planted six months ago, that's gone to
seed. Lower levels are okay. Should I just cut it back to half way and let
it sprout again?

You can do this but it won't stop them continuing to produce seed stalks.
You could just keep cutting the new leaves about the seed stalk until they
become too unproductive and then pull them out and start again.

David