Old 07-12-2008, 12:16 PM posted to aus.gardens
Trish Brown Trish Brown is offline

Default Me tomatoes!!!

David Hare-Scott wrote:

"Trish Brown" wrote in message
We've been eagerly watching our first-ever tomato crop for weeks! Just
today, we went out to check them and about half the fruit has great
big black holes in it. The tomatoes appear to have been hollowed out
by some creature, but I can't see anything suspicious on the vines.
Not only that, but the vines themselves seem to be unwell. They're
sort of darkened and wizened and greasy-looking. What on earth could
it be?

Snif! :-(

--
Trish Brown {|:-}

Newcastle, NSW, Australia

Helothis (tomato worm)?

David

Hnnnnnhhhh! If it *is* werms (Heliothis, I mean), then what do I do? I
can't exactly suck 'em all out of the rotten tomatoes, can I? (Be nice,
now...) Do I spray? Get a biological agent? WMDs? Help! The kids and I
have been hanging out to eat our first home-grown tomatoes and it looks
like it might not happen!

Snif! :-(

--
Trish Brown {|:-}