Old 07-12-2008, 12:29 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Not much to show here

"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
someone wrote:

Why don't you post one of your Svalbard images here?

I guess it's because she is polite and sticks by the name of the group.

Don't know about polite but I don't like to do something which I know will
irritate some folk - although I hven't seen such irritability here.

However there is always alt.binaries.pictures.scenic or
alt.binaries.photos.originals, I'm sure Mary's photos of Svalbard would go
down a treat in those groups.

I daren't subscribe to any more groups, I've recently cut down from eighteen
to five because I was spending far too much time up here. But when we were
on land in the Arctic I did take pictures of a lot of flora with this group
in mind. I also bought a book on the Flora of Svalbard so that I could
identify them. When we were back on board I discovered that the book was all
in Norwegian! It does have Linnaean names so I'll be able to identify them -
or just appear to be knowledgeable and post them with Latin names :-)

Oops! Cat out of bag now!!!!

In fact I suspect that they are probably commonly known Alpines, mostly, and
that some here will be able to tell me what they are. That would be nice ...
:-) For starters ... this was taken in Longyearbyen, the capital.

I took almost 800 pictures by the way. Prepare to make yourself comfortable
:-) Of course, they weren't all wonderful because it was a new camera and I
wasn't familiar with it. Still not but I'm learning.

Mary

Attached Thumbnails
Not much to show here-img_0071-s.jpg