Old 07-12-2008, 02:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default Poinisana Flowers-9266

"Maroochy" BarbaraH*REMOVE wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

Is it in your garden?

Yep, actually I should never have planted in the back yard, it's rather
large for a normal sized block such as ours.

Well perhaps, but would you cut it down?

We've just had to cut down a rather nice holly which I'd made into a
standard, with a pyramidical crown. It never bore berries but it gave us
pleasure and occasionlly blackbirds nested in it (and were sometimes
predated by magpies). At Christmas we draped it with tiny twinkling lights
which we could see from the back of the house when indoors.

It will grow from the base again but we feel bad every time we see that
space :-(

I don't think I could have cut down anything as lovely as your poinsana.
Never heard of it before, either.

Mary