Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 AM posted to rec.gardens
mleblanca mleblanca is offline

Default Brrrrr

On Dec 5, 11:12 pm, Billy wrote:
In article
,

mleblanca wrote:
On Dec 5, 6:00 pm, Billy wrote:
In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article
,
mleblanca wrote:

Well it was COLD this am. It has been in the 60-70 range
the last few days, but last night was 33 F the coldest so far
Add to that the fact that it was foggy and damp and it was
definitely Cold. I guess that took care of the last tomato plant.
( We had the last toms for Thanksgiving)
I have in the garden Lettuces, spinach, broccoli and onions.
Only a tiny trace of rain, alas..................It did get up to 60
this pm for about 2 minutes!
Emilie
Nor Cal

Hmmmm...

Well it was COLD this am. It has been in the 20-29 range
the last few days, but last night was 17 F the coldest so far
Add to that the fact that it was snowy and damp and it was
definitely Cold. Last month took care of the last tomato plant.
( We got the last turkey in the store for Thanksgiving)
Looking to next spring to grow Lettuces, spinach, broccoli and onions.
Only a tiny trace of snow, alas..................It did get up to 29
this pm for about 2 minutes!

Enjoy Life ... Dan
South East Michigan

Dan seems to be very competitive with his adversities ;O)
Me thinks that we need a gardening report from bungadora to
put him in his place, otherwise I fear that we will soon be reading
the account of his upbringing, which features him and his twenty
siblings growing up in a shoe box, in the middle of an interstate, where
he had to get up, half an hour before he went to bed, so that he could
work twenty-eight hours a day, eight days a week, down at the mill, and
when he got home his dad would cut into him with a bread knife, and then
sing glory halleluja while dancing around his grave.
So, Bungadora, if you be there, please put this up start in his place ;O)
--

Billy
Republican and Democratic "Leadership" Behind

Ah Billy, you eloquent devil, you. Howz it going in the
more southerly areas of CA?
Em in the North parts

How are you doing up there, Emilie, one hundred miles south of Mt.
Lassen (an active volcano............snipped........................ ....

Lassen has a fair amount of snow so far,nothing recently.
And we're doing OK I guess. The endless fog is rather depressing. So
I went for a hike at about 2000 feet this day and it was sunny and
bright up there--a great way to cheer up. About 20 of us and we went
about a
total of 8 miles, so I'll be tired tomorrow!

You planning anything new or expanding for next year, vegetablewise?
Anything new flowerwise?

I am running out of room so there is not much expansion-mostly a
matter
of rotation. If something new comes in, then something has to go out.I
do
need to get some more wire and prepare some gopher free vegetable
areas.

I really think that this Winter's planning of next Summer's garden
drags me into the future and keeps me alive, not to put too fine a point
on it.

I agree with that 100%

Hope you are doing well

You too.