Old 08-12-2008, 12:51 AM posted to aus.gardens
terryc terryc is offline

Default Silver beat gone to seed

On Sun, 07 Dec 2008 12:51:11 +1100, Keith Rhodes wrote:

I've got a heap of silver beat, planted six months ago, that's gone to
seed. Lower levels are okay. Should I just cut it back to half way and let
it sprout again?

Ours did the same, one moment we were looking forward to a good crop and
the next day it was all going to seed head.

You can cut them back if you want to, but once they are in that stage they
stay that way.

We just tend to remove all the larger leaves and crop the smaller
leaves continuously as a crop when this happens. Perhaps not the most
productive, but it does give you a continuous feed (if you have enough
plants).