Old 07-12-2008, 11:12 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy Maroochy is offline

Default Poinisana Flowers-9266

Mary Fisher wrote:
Well perhaps, but would you cut it down?

No, I like it too much. :-)

We've just had to cut down a rather nice holly which I'd made into a
standard, with a pyramidical crown. It never bore berries but it gave
us pleasure and occasionlly blackbirds nested in it (and were
sometimes predated by magpies). At Christmas we draped it with tiny
twinkling lights which we could see from the back of the house when
indoors.
It will grow from the base again but we feel bad every time we see
that space :-(

I don't think I could have cut down anything as lovely as your
poinsana. Never heard of it before, either.

We had to get a tree lopper in to cut it back where it was growing over the
neighbour's yard, other then that we've let it go, the birds love it. :-)
BTW I spelt the name wrong, it's 'poinciana'.