Old 08-12-2008, 08:44 PM
PeterJ386 PeterJ386 is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterJ386 View Post
Hi Janet,
Thanks for the reply. I am in the UK. I'm not sure what he's looking to protect, I'll have to ask him when I see him later in the week. I know that it's not one individual plant, more a bed over a square-ish area. I know this because he showed me the frame. Not sure where it came from but its a cube about 6 ft a 5ft and probably just over 1 ft tall. I'm guessing he uses tent pegs to hold it down.
I have to be careful about asking him as he may guess my intentions (i.e. poss xmas present). However, if there isn't anything I can buy to suit the frame then I might buy him one of those tubular frames which I'm sure you'll be familiar with. The problem of course there is that it won't suit the layout of the plants...so may be a waste of money/present.
Apologies for the vague description and lack of info. Are you able (Cluedo-like) to piece together what info I do have? As mentioned in my earlier post, if there's some common product he can use to lay over the frame then I know to concentrate my efforts on a different present all together.
Edit:
Looking through your post again Janet, I googled the roll you referred to. I notice that it always seems to be sold in a strip and some even as wide as 3m. So he could use this roll over the frame and cut it to length. Given that it's described as horticultural roll, would I be correct in assuming that it would be suitable regardless of what he's protecting?