Old 09-12-2008, 02:17 AM posted to rec.gardens
Dan L. Dan L. is offline

Default Brrrrr

In article ,
Bill wrote:

In article ,
"Dan L." wrote:

Brrrr ... Do you not know what cold is?
I am jealous I am looking at 6 inches of snow and it does look cool.
I can only dream about next year. You guys are still gardening

Enjoy Life ... Dan

That is why the universe made house plants and forcing bulbs a way to
keep the thumb green . And visions of growing plants danced in their
heads a corruption of course. Hell with the sugarplums )

House plants ?????

That is something I have have not thought about. Perhaps house plants
are of feminine in thinking. Where outdoor gardening are more masculine
in thinking. To think of it, all of the outdoor garden shows that I know
of are all males are the host. Victory Garden - male, Gardening Smart -
male, cultivating life -male, P. Allen Smith - male (well maybe half
male). House plants, hmmm... Martha Stewart?

I have always viewed Winter as the time for learning. Spring is the time
for cleaning. Summer as the time of doing. Fall is the time for
preserving. Winter is here, I am currently on chapter two of "Gardening:
when it counts, by Steve Solomon" and "Anathem by Neal Stephenson
(SciFi).

House plants - it maybe possible. First I will have to look very very
deep into my soul and search and look for that feminine side if it is
there

Shields Up ... Dan

--
Garden in Zone 5 South East Michigan.