Old 08-12-2008, 11:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Blue Water Lily-7599

BarbaraH wrote

Funny, but they are said to like it a lot warmer than here in the UK but a
friend in the trade had one that was ordered and never collected which he
threw into an old water tank outside and forgot about, the next year it
bloomed and did so every year thereafter. Unfortunately I was not around
when he moved shop or I would have taken it for myself.

Perhaps I'll try one here as our pond very seldom gets ice on it these days,
it's 14,800ltrs and 1 metre deep, indeed one of our lilies, Peach Glow, is
just throwing up a flower bud not that it will come to anything this time of
year.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden