Old 09-12-2008, 01:59 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Maroochy Maroochy is offline

Default Blue Water Lily-7599

Bob Hobden wrote:
BarbaraH wrote

Funny, but they are said to like it a lot warmer than here in the UK
but a friend in the trade had one that was ordered and never
collected which he threw into an old water tank outside and forgot
about, the next year it bloomed and did so every year thereafter.
Unfortunately I was not around when he moved shop or I would have
taken it for myself.
Perhaps I'll try one here as our pond very seldom gets ice on it
these days, it's 14,800ltrs and 1 metre deep, indeed one of our
lilies, Peach Glow, is just throwing up a flower bud not that it will
come to anything this time of year.

It's always worth giving it a burl, sometimes displaced plants grow, so it's
worth a try.