Old 09-12-2008, 05:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
D. Arlington D. Arlington is offline

Default Thai Pepper Plant

"jce3rd" wrote in message

Hello,,

I was given a thai pepper plant by a friend. I've had it for about a
month now and everything was going great. New peppers growing and
leaves abondant. A couple of days ago, I notice that aphids started
invading. So I looked it up online how to take care of this problem. I
used the soap/water technique to try to cure the problem. Well the
aphids came out more and I just wiped them away. Next morning maybe a
couple had survived so I just squished the little buggers. Anyway
later that day I notice when looking closely at the plant that leaves
had started falling. They were not dead and still very green. I then
touched another leaf and if popped right off. I thought w.t.f....so I
touch another one and that one fell right off. The leaves are still
green and not curling or anything. They look healthy and the peppers
are still growing and turning red.

Can someone please help me and tell what is going on? Is my plant
dying and if so can I save it? The soil is moist but not puddled.
What can this be?

Look more closely for spider mites. They very tiny and hard to see.

Jce

--
jce3rd