Old 10-12-2008, 03:13 AM
kris anthem um kris anthem um is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryc View Post
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 10:22:59 +1100, Dinsdale Pirana wrote:

They are indeed the Gymea Lilly and the page you quoted talks about
germinating from seed however I don't think I have the seeds yet. I
presume the seeds come from the pods I have so I guess I will have to wait
until they dry out.

If the seed pods are green, you might not have viable seeds unless that is
how the plant drops them.
Sounds like a hippiastrum (please excuse spelling) seed should be viable leave in a airy/sunny spot to thoroughly dry then plant and get set for a long wait, weeks or months.If they are hippies much quicker to look around the base/clump for stray bulbs (pups). god bless