Old 10-12-2008, 08:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
George.com George.com is offline

Default Cloche type thingy

"Gopher" wrote in message
news
Hello all,

Some may recall that on Gardeners World about 2 months or so ago, Toby
Wossisname made a type of cloche using flexible blue water pipe to form
the ribs of a very useful looking cloche - perfect for raised beds such as
I have for vegetable growing. I have acquired the piping and have more
than enough wood for the lower frame but am finding it rather difficult to
get hold of the strong plastic cover. Ironically when we moved to our
current home there was an ageing poly tunnel which I sold to (ironically)
the estate agent through whom we bought the house.

Does anyone have an idea as to the gauge of plastic necessary for such a
job. I want to make 3 of these cloches and while the ground is so wet I
could get on with making them - if only I knew what to buy in the way of
plastic sheeting.

I also tried to review the programme through the BBC I-player but it
seems to be past its sell by date now. Any help or advice very welcome.

Thanks.

a website with pictures and plans (that cost) if you want them. I did
without the plans.
rob
http://www.eartheasy.com/cloche.htm