Old 10-12-2008, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Cloche type thingy

--
..
"'Mike'" wrote in message

.
"Gopher" wrote in message
In message , Martin
writes
On Tue, 9 Dec 2008 16:15:26 +0000, Gopher wrote:

Hello all,

Some may recall that on Gardeners World about 2 months or so ago, Toby
Wossisname made a type of cloche using flexible blue water pipe to form
the ribs of a very useful looking cloche - perfect for raised beds such
as I have for vegetable growing. I have acquired the piping and have
more than enough wood for the lower frame but am finding it rather
difficult to get hold of the strong plastic cover. Ironically when we
moved to our current home there was an ageing poly tunnel which I sold
to (ironically) the estate agent through whom we bought the house.

Does anyone have an idea as to the gauge of plastic necessary for such a
job. I want to make 3 of these cloches and while the ground is so wet I
could get on with making them - if only I knew what to buy in the way of
plastic sheeting.

I also tried to review the programme through the BBC I-player but it
seems to be past its sell by date now. Any help or advice very welcome.

You might be able to find it here
http://www.gardenersworld.com/how-to...ry/garden-diy/

Many thanks Martin .... I've trawled through all 268 projects/tips etc.
but can't find it. But I _did_ find all kinds of useful things so have
bookmarked the site.

Thanks again.

--
Gopher .... I know my place!

This is a copy of one done by Geoff Hamilton and is in one of his books. I
have scanned it and put it on my photo site, but it won't go public for
all to see.
However the plastic looks very thin, he doesn't state the gauge. I will
take the book into plastics by post and see what they recommend and get
details for you. If you want a scan of the page, email me and I will
forward it. all lower case MiKeATrNeBa.Org.uk

Mike

I am led to believe that this http://www.myalbum.com/Photo-HWOU6QQX.jpg will
take you there

Fingers crossed