Old 12-12-2008, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty_Hinge[_2_] Rusty_Hinge[_2_] is offline

Default Key lime seedlings...transferring

The message
from danny22 contains these words:

Just a quick question. I planted 24 key lime seedlings into my heated
propagator. They had been sent in the post and had been in dry compost
for about a week. Strangely, every single one of them germinated in a
couple of weeks. I didn't expect even a tenth of them to do so!

They are about 2 months old now and several inches high. They are still
living in the propagator. When would it be reasonable to move them from
their current location? I have root trainers to put them into, but I am
very conscious of the time of year and the dangers associated with
transplanting. I am just worried that by the time spring comes around
(end of April over here by the time frosts pass) They will have gotten
all of their roots tangled. Any suggestions?

What is a 'key lime'?

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig