Old 13-12-2008, 09:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Spring is on the way ...

In article ,
says...
The message
from Jennifer Sparkes contains these words:
The message
from Rusty_Hinge contains these words:
The message
from dr contains these words:

K wrote:

.... My first celandines are out ;-)

We've not even reached winter yet ?

I've had primroses out for the last month, and aconites won't be far
behind.

Ditto and the Corokia cotoneaster has been flowering for a week
or two ...

Yers, but you're practically on the equator where you are innit.

:~) Been cold this year though!
Great to get the cold before Christmas for a change, at least its stopped
plants being silly and getting too far ahead of themselves. Lots of stuff
starting to flower now, Corea, Corokia, Coronilla, and Camelia, although
I can't say I have noticed Celandine. Lots of stuff has shrugged the
frost off and is still flowering so its obviously not been as cold as I
think :~)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk