Old 11-04-2003, 01:44 AM
Jessica

Default Hostas

What's a good trick to keeping slugs off Hostas?

"Adam Davis" wrote in message
Aren't they lovely when they first start to appear!

The first time that mine appeared after the winter I was well impressed

and
I do love the deep purple colour that (most of them) have.

Mind the slugs, as others have mentioned, and enjoy your Hosta :-)

Adam
"Kim Bewick" wrote in message
Hi Everyone
This is my first posting to the group and please forgive me if I appear

little thick.
Last summer we planted a Hosta in our garden, which has full sun on it

all
day long, in soil that is fairly heavy and has a lot of clay content

(not
sure if this is relevant but thouight I'd tell you anyway :-)
It survived the summer quite well, but by October had died back until by
Christmas there was nothing to show where it had been (or at least I

didn't
think so).
Having been out in the garden this week as the weather has been so warm

was amazed to count 17 i2 inch high shoots coming up where this Hosta

had
once stood. My question is "What should I/could I do with them.
Regards
Kim
(Cardiff, Wales, UK)