Old 14-12-2008, 04:33 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
phorbin phorbin is offline

Default Asparagus died for no apparent reason, except.....................

In article ,
says...
About 4 years ago, in the fall, I started putting the leaves from my apple
tree on my prolific asparagus bed feeling they were good ground cover to
keep the weeds down in the spring. Last year the asparagus did not come up.
Is there something in the apple leaves that could have leached into the soil
and killed the asparagus? That is the only thing I can think of.

As bulletprood as asparagus seems to be, if that is the only thing you
can think of, you're not doing your homework.

You didn't answer any of the questions posed to you. You just waited and
then posed the same question again.

If you want useful speculation, do your homework, answer the questions.