Old 15-12-2008, 01:27 AM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_5_] Jeßus[_5_] is offline

Default aerating a large lawn on the cheap?

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 01:34:35 +1100, David Hare-Scott wrote:

"Jeßus" wrote in message
Just a quick one:

I have about 1.5 acres of 'lawn', the soil appears to be fairly
compacted and so I'd really like to aerate it as it clearly needs doing
so.

I also want to introduce clover seed and other varieties as well, so
yet another reason it needs doing.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear of any ideas of how to do this
without spending hundreds (or more) on equipment.

Any good ideas on building something to do the job perhaps? I have a
ride- on and ATV to tow any such gadget around if need be.

TIA.

You could pay a contractor to plough, harrow and seed it.

I could - or might be able to - but thats not a good long term solution.

Unless you know a local with the right gear and skills, the only other
option is DIY. Try getting an electrician or plumber out here, for
example - forget it!