Old 15-12-2008, 09:22 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default aerating a large lawn on the cheap?

=?iso-8859-1?b?SmXfdXM=?= writes:
Anyway, I'd be interested to hear of any ideas of how to do this without
spending hundreds (or more) on equipment.

Are you near a city? If so, try ringing those rental places where
you can hire DIY equipment, and see what they have. I think you
need a tennis court roller bristling with hollow spikes: each takes
up a small plug of soil as it passes. It might be a bit of a load to
tow around behind the ride on, though. Besides, it will work wonders
on those abs.