Old 15-12-2008, 07:16 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
zxcvbob zxcvbob is offline

Default Placed my first seed order for next spring

From a catalog I got called "Totally Tomatoes". They had several hard-to-find varieties
I wanted to try:

Tomato, "Legend"
Tomato, "Porter"
Pepper, "Red Rocoto"

"Legend" is supposed to be blight resistant, and the Late Blight has ravaged my tomato
crop for the past couple of years. I may try staking the Porter tomatoes instead of
caging them, since they are indeterminant, to help keep the foliage dry.

At least one of the rocoto peppers will go in a big pot instead of in the ground because I
don't think my growing season is really long enough for them. They will be planted in a
flower bed instead of the vegetable garden because they need a little shade.

I'll also be growing tomatillos and several other pepper varieties that I have seeds for
already.

Bob