Old 15-12-2008, 11:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Hardy waterlily James Brydon

"adavisus" wrote
Nymphaea James Brydon does its fair share of galloping around the ponds.
Being a Marliac type rhisome you can rely on it to grow and bloom well
on an unfertilised pot without sprawling all over the place. Which
makes it easy to shuffle about for droughts or renovations

Early Winter, set on a clay pond to perk up a clay pond dig early
Spring, doing buds in ones and two's until drought bakes the pond dry
and crisps the foliage, James Brydon is then shuffled onto near full
shade lined pond for the 90's and 100 plus heat blasts of Summer.

Late Autumn is a good time to pot shy blooming hardy waterlilies, to
establish a good set of feeder roots through the Winter months. Better
able to cope with the first blast of hot Summer waters on a still pond
when it arrives.

Regards, andy
http://tinyurl.com/5wkal7
http://tinyurl.com/58yon2
[image:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3214/...1b935ea_o.jpg]

Some of your waterlilly photos look strange to me, do you sometimes use a
colour filter?
If so I can't see the point if you want to use the photo as a reference, as
an art work fine, but not as a reference.
Seen lots of such photos in shops selling plants which only leads to
customer disappointment.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden