Old 11-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Tom La Bron

Default Water Hyacinth in San Jose, CA

No, the are already introduced. That is why some states have gone to the
extreme of banning them, especially were the grow prolifically year around.
Kudzu is another one of those noxious weeds, but it grow every where down
south. the only problem with it is that it is mutating and can be found as
far north as New Jersey. Most of these plants can be bought and sold
because where they are being bought and sold, through the winter they will
die. I know that WH will not last outside here in even a mild winter.

Here in Oklahoma the state has banned certain flowering seed plants from
being sold because of the crops that are grown here, but one of them is not
WH.

Most of your federal laws talk about transportation into the country, etc
from outside. If you have ever traveled the highways into California with
fruit there are officials that stop you to confiscate any fruit you can be
bring in because of the possible bugs/eggs that could be carried with them.

Tom L.L.
"LRobi31070" wrote in message
So, are we in trouble for buying and having them?