Old 11-04-2003, 02:44 AM
John S. DeBoo

Default Grubs

Yes, Diazinon can be purchased at probably any place that carries bug killers
etc, certainly at Home Depot etc. For lawn control you'll mix several
tablespoons (read directions carefully) with water in a garden hose sprayer, then
spray that diluted mixture (which gets diluted even more since its now mixing
with the water in the hose) all over the lawn and water profusely. Diazinon is
strong stuff and depending upon the mixture (dilution) used can be used for all
manner of bug control. I hate using chemicles myself but sometimes they really
do the trick.

Heather wrote:

Never heard of this stuff before....Is this something that you can get at
the store? like Home Depot, Canadian Tire, or local Garden Center or
something like that? Does it harm the flowers in a flower bed? My grass
buts up against some fairly new planting beds in the front and backyards and
would hate to kill off all the planting I did last year.

Thanks for your advice
Heather
Zone 6 - Toronto, Canada

"John S. DeBoo" wrote in message
Heather wrote:

I noticed grubs in our lawn and garden last year. What is the best way

get rid of these without hiring the professionals. I live in Toronto

Canada
and we are covered by snow right now but want to get a start to solving

the
problem once it's gone if possible.

WE had them in our lawn in Albuquerque and I used Diazinon. After

dilutinbg with
water and spreading with a hose sprayer you need to water profusely so it

soaks
down intot he soil where these miserable critters live. I've yet to find

a grub
in our lawn since and we treated ours maybe 10 years ago. Thats my

experience
anyway.

--
John S. DeBoo