Old 17-12-2008, 12:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Spring is on the way ...

In article ,
says...

"Rusty_Hinge" wrote in message
. uk...
The message
from "Kate Morgan" contains these words:

Now that I am here can anyone tell me when trying to grow mistletoe do
you
squash the berries into cracks on top of the branches or underneath ?

I believe they are best where some run-off keeps them moist when it
rains, though I've seen the stuff growing from virtually every position
imaginable.

Well, practically, not virtually.

Be sure to get berries from British-grown mistletoe, as much of the
Christmas supply is imported from the Continong, and some varieties do
not do well - if at all.

--
Rusty

Thanks Rusty, I will have a go tomorrow. An old tree in the next field has
just blown over and it has lots of mistletoe growing on it so I will use
the berries.

kate

Are they ripe yet? the ones at Christmas generally are not - hence
peoples problems growing it (that and it likes to germinate on the same
tree species its mum was on)
--
Charlie Pridham, Gardening in Cornwall
www.roselandhouse.co.uk