Old 17-12-2008, 01:11 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
ReelMcKoi ReelMcKoi is offline

Default Below 55 no feeding? Hooey!

"G-Man" wrote in message
I must have mutant fish. Temps have been well below 55 for a month now,

yet
my goldfish are active, and will still eat regularly. I saw more of them

today, then most days over the summer, though granted it went up to 50
today.

Oddly enough, some of my lilly pads are even still green, though the po

nd
was forzen over for most of last month.

(I'm in western NC at 3000 feet, btw.)

Just a very odd pond year!

Gareee

=============================
All my fish are at the bottom for the winter. None have an interest in fo
od.
I sold all the ponds and fish behind the house through Craig's List. They
'll
be picked up in the spring. I think I have a home for the koi in the 200
0g
pond out front. They will go in the spring also. There will be a lot le
ss
work for us next summer.
--
RM....