Old 17-12-2008, 08:10 PM posted to aus.gardens
Jeßus[_6_] Jeßus[_6_] is offline

Default aerating a large lawn on the cheap?

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 09:22:28 +0000, John Savage wrote:

=?iso-8859-1?b?SmXfdXM=?= writes:
Anyway, I'd be interested to hear of any ideas of how to do this without
spending hundreds (or more) on equipment.

Are you near a city? If so, try ringing those rental places where you
can hire DIY equipment, and see what they have.

Nowhere near a city or large town

I think you need a
tennis court roller bristling with hollow spikes: each takes up a small
plug of soil as it passes. It might be a bit of a load to tow around
behind the ride on, though. Besides, it will work wonders on those abs.

Yes, something like that would be ideal and what I initially pictured in
my head

I have an ATV here, so if the ride-on couldnt cope... mind you, the ride-
on has a twin cylinder 22HP engine, so it has a reasonable amount of
grunt.

Thanks for the idea.