Old 17-12-2008, 10:11 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Below 55 no feeding? Hooey!

On Tue, 16 Dec 2008 21:41:18 EST, "G-Man" wrote:

I must have mutant fish. Temps have been well below 55 for a month now, yet
my goldfish are active, and will still eat regularly. I saw more of them
today, then most days over the summer, though granted it went up to 50
today.

Oddly enough, some of my lilly pads are even still green, though the pond
was forzen over for most of last month.

(I'm in western NC at 3000 feet, btw.)
Just a very odd pond year!
Gareee

Just keep in mind that fish don't have access to weather.com and know when
a cold front is coming it. They eat today, it freezes tomorrow, they could
be popcicles when it thaws (even with all the precautions). ;-) ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us