Old 11-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Brian Berggoetz

Default [IBC] Misting outdoor trees

I have noticed lately that since I started misting my outdoor trees 3-6
times a day, some things are happening to some of the trees. Two dwarf
Myrtle have caught mildew fungus pretty badly, a flowering quince has
developed yelow and deformed leaves, a barberry has had it's blossoms
stop developing. There is an overall funk over a some of the plants.
Though, it has not affected the junipers. I live in zone 12 in the
desert, Tucson, humidity has been low, 15-25%. The dew point has been
24-30. Is there a point where there is too much water on the leaves and
top soil, or is it just learning which species like it and which species
do not? Brian

+++++ Questions? Help? e-mail +++++