Old 19-12-2008, 05:16 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Storing rain water

I used to collect rain water in the fall and store it in gallon milk
jugs for use over the winter. They were stored about 10 feet from the
grow lights in my basement. A few of them would turn slightly green but
that did not seem to be a problem.
I stopped collecting rain water when I found out a friend had a TDS
meter. Distilled water gave a reading of zero, my rain water gave a
reading of 4 and, as I recall, my tap water gave a reading of 11. It
turns out I was wasting my time collecting rain.

Steve

Mark_OK wrote:
Hey all,

Should I have any concerns about keeping rain water stored over winter
for the orchids? I keep it in the same room and covered. No bad odors
but it does have a slight green tinge.

Thanks.

Mark