Old 19-12-2008, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Morton Bay fig

On 19/12/08 01:20, in article
, "Dave
Poole" wrote:

Just had a look at the pics Sacha. While No.2 shows what appears to
be typical Ficus macrophylla trunk and 'butressing', the foliage and
fruits in No.3 are not F. macrophylla. I've had a ferret about and
found this pic of typical fruiting macrophylla material:
http://plantarium.files.wordpress.co...acrophylla.jpg
You can see that foliage and fruits are significantly different. I
don't know what No.3 is, but I do know it isn't Ficus macrophylla.

Thanks, David, though the mystery deepens! Perhaps someone from Australia
or NZ will see this.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com