Old 20-12-2008, 04:43 AM posted to aus.gardens
John Savage John Savage is offline

Default beetroot in rich soil

Does anyone have experience with growing beetroot (Derwent Globe) in
soil which has just had a lot of sheep and cow manure added to it?

I have warned here of problems with growing carrots in such soil, but
have no experience with beetroot in such conditions. I'm wondering
whether they are likely to develop mostly tops at the expense of the
root?

Wishing a Merry Christmas to all the aus.gardens regulars; likewise to
our casual visitors.