Old 20-12-2008, 10:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_3_] 'Mike'[_3_] is offline

Default Morton Bay fig

--
..
"'Mike'" wrote in message

.
"Sacha" wrote in message
On 19/12/08 11:50, in article ,
"Sacha" wrote:

On 19/12/08 01:20, in article
, "Dave
Poole" wrote:

Just had a look at the pics Sacha. While No.2 shows what appears to
be typical Ficus macrophylla trunk and 'butressing', the foliage and
fruits in No.3 are not F. macrophylla. I've had a ferret about and
found this pic of typical fruiting macrophylla material:
http://plantarium.files.wordpress.co...acrophylla.jpg
You can see that foliage and fruits are significantly different. I
don't know what No.3 is, but I do know it isn't Ficus macrophylla.

Thanks, David, though the mystery deepens! Perhaps someone from
Australia
or NZ will see this.

Many apologies, I've just realised that the fruit pic is NOT the one Ray
took of the Moreton Bay figs! It was a hedge of some sort down on King
Edward Parade in Devonport, right outside the sailing club, just in case
that helps anyone to ID it We took hundreds of photos of various things
and
I've muddled those up! The fruits we saw on the Moreton Bay Fig are
exactly
as your pic shows them. Now all I need to find out is what those
'incorrect' fruits really are!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com

Bit of advice re photos and their identity if I may. Whilst I am cruising,
I take a lot of photos. We are just about to go on a half world cruise
from Southampton cruising to Singapore. The secret is to down load your
photos every night onto your laptop and let them download to the date,
then when you recall them, you can see where you are, even to the time as
that is recorded on the file.

I have since August 20th, been recording in photographs, the local
theatre's production of "The Snow Queen", Final Night tonight. I can look
back and I know what and where the photos were taken by the date/time. The
reading, Auditions, Rehearsals, Technical, Dress etc etc etc. Somewhere
just under 3000 photos and I know EXACTLY which one fits where, because I
have the Director's Rehearsal schedule.

I hope that helps. No more confused photos of fruit which you think is
'this' and turns out to be 'that' :-)))

Mike

http://www.apollo-theatre.org.uk/ for those interested :-)