Old 20-12-2008, 11:50 PM posted to alt.home.repair,alt.home.lawn.garden
mm[_1_] mm[_1_] is offline

Default How not to kill the grass?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 08:19:48 -0500, "cshenk" wrote:

"mm" wrote
"Ralph Mowery"

Thanks, Ralph and cshenk. I signed up, but they said it can be 7
days until I'm approved!

Standard disclaimer. Some local person, unpaid, maintains it if it's like
my area. I think I had to list my address too (but in postings, I just list
by general area). The specific address goes only to those I want to come
pickup something.

because there are too many free-nappers out there. I guess Baltimore
used to have just one group, but not it has three outlying groups
covering some parts of Baltimore, and you have to join the one you
live in.

Grin, I live in Norfolk area. I believe we have 5 of them here? 1 for each
of the 5 big cities that make up 'Hampton Roads' area. Newport News,
Norfolk, Suffolk, Chesapeake, Virginia Beach.

Well, here they don't provide a map and I don't live in any of the
n'hods they said were excluded, but last night they turned me down. I
feel like a 1st grader who is the only one not invited to his
classmate's birthday party.

They sent me to another group that has less than 1/4 the area,
members, and posts, plus is entirely suburban-like, more well-off than
the city as a whole, and probably wants my old lumber etc. less than
the rest of the city.

No one is going to come on foot to pick up this wood, and if they have
a truck and they want this stuff at all, it's surely worth going an
extra mile or two from wherever the boundrary is to my house. What
should I do? (If no one in the first area wants my wood, should I lie
about my address and join this group too. Will they catch me?)