Old 20-12-2008, 11:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Morton Bay fig

On 20/12/08 16:18, in article ,
"Martin" wrote:

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 15:04:20 +0000, Sacha wrote:

On 20/12/08 13:11, in article
, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

In article ,
says...
snip

Laptops on holiday? I don't think so! Reminds me of the poser on the
plane
from Bangkok to London. He spent hours tapping away at a laptop and
Blackberry and simultaneously laughing at Friends on the in-flight screen!
And yes, Ray's camera does record the details you mention, Martin. What it
is, as yet, unable to do is identify plants by name. ;-)

I thought a pro we had photographing the garden this summer had it
cracked as she could speak into her camara as she took the pictures, but
I still got the customary email to ID a few things and correct still
more, my fault, I often attach Clematis labels to the tree or shrub they
are growing on as it never occures to me someone would be unable to tell
what clematis don't look like!

Ray can do that speaking thing with his camera but he always forgets to do
it! Of course, if you're photographing something so that someone else can -
you hope - ID it later, you can talk until you're blue in the face and get
nowhere! As we photographed both the Moreton Bay fig and the mystery fruit
on the same day so both photos show the same date and very close times,
nothing other than a pocket sized NZ plant expert would have helped much
more!

Some more weird trees here.
http://seehere.blogspot.com/2006/10/...que-trees.html

I got the following msg: Page not found
Sorry, the page you were looking for in the blog Look At This... does not
exist.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com