Old 21-12-2008, 11:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
pied piper pied piper is offline

Default Lawn.

"Janet Conroy" wrote in message

There is a massive difference between golf course, etc, maintenance and
what one should do in a garden. I was once offered some spare topsoil
from a golf club, but advised not to take it as it was full of
chemicals. Worms are an indication of a garden's health - it is
madness to try to kill them.

U dont kill them the chemical acts as a deterent just for the casting worm.
Maybe a diference with maintenance but grass is grass and my lawn is like a
bowling green.
Soil will not be full of chemicals as the feed etc used soon leaches through
the soil

--
Janet Conroy