Old 11-04-2003, 03:32 AM
Carl Beyer

Default Lighting in Koi Pond questions

In article ,
"Lee Brouillet" wrote:

Fish need to sleep (down-time, so to speak). Is there any way you can split
the lighting to illuminate the walkway without lighting the pond, so that
the pond lights can go off? Mine shut off at midnight, which appears to give
them enough time to recoup. With any pond lighting, ensure that you're
plugging into GFCI outlets to minimize stray voltage. It WILL kill the fish,
cause "bent back syndrome", and stunt plant growth. Not to mention what it
will do to you!

Lee

Thank you for the response. I can change it to midnite... worst case
is a burglar or drunk takes a swim...

The lighting is Low Voltage - low amperage - like yard lights. Yes, it
is hooked to a GFI outlet.

Thanks for advice. The koi might live to see another day in my
incapable hands...

Carl

http://www.cobaltbluefilms.com